Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To get email notification of new content, change your preferences settings. Sign in first. Then click on the icon under your name called 'account options' and choose 'edit profile' in the dropdown menu. Now click on 'Notification preferences' in the new menu below your name. Under 'Category Notifications' click on the boxes under the Email heading as you desire.

Model implications on BA's + homeostasis question

Hello.

I was wondering, if there are any model implications, especially with new psychoimmunology aproach to eliminate all body associations at one go, in the future? 

Also given that there would be a way to get rid of all traumas at once, what would happen to homeostasis then? I think that the impact it could make on ones life could be a bit too much to handle at the time, but I'm wondering if any of ISPS folks have any insights on that topic :)

Comments

• Hi Krystian,

To be clear, at this time we don't have any approach that works to get rid of all of a trauma type (eg generational, biographical, body associations). However, we believe this is possible to do - we just don't know how yet. It would be darn useful for so many reasons! 

Let's take a look at the three approaches we know of now:

Psycho-immunology (PI): One approach we've considered is getting rid of pathogen species that we know are involved with trauma. In particular: the chakra organism (biographical trauma); the pinecone organism (also biographical trauma). We would also need to search for other organisms that directly interact with the other trauma types. The thinking here is that some pathogens may be maintaining the existence of a given trauma type, as well as driving the dysfunctional homeostasis problem ("we put trauma there on purpose, so leave them alone!"). One of our planned tests is to eliminate those organisms with our PI approach, but we haven't gotten to it yet. I suspect we're going to be disappointed with the results, but I'll be happy to be wrong!

Peak states: We do know that healing masses of traumas at one time - which is possible using some techniques that use specific peak states - causes the client to resist and feel badly as their homeostasis is disturbed. This kicks in at various amounts of removed trauma depending on the person, but I'm going to guess that at less than about 1/3 removal the client reacts badly. Thus, we abandoned that approach around 2010. 

Psychobiology: This is the approach I suspect is going to work the best (or in conjunction with a PI approach). The problem here is we don't know where in development to look for the cause of trauma types (other than during conception). This is a tough problem to work on, as people with trauma don't want to let them go - making hunting for the problem very tricky. Doubtless there are feelings and experiences at relevant key events that people don't want to look at either. Finding someone with Beauty Way who is willing to look for this might end up being the only viable approach, as they are generally unaffected by trauma, and have no interest in keeping traumatic feelings. 

As far as adjustment problems once we find a method, I'm not sure what to expect. We just don't know until we get something to test.   

So, long-term this is a very important area of research. But short-term, we simply don't have time - although I am keeping my eyes out for 'accidental' discoveries. After all,  "Chance favors the prepared mind".   :)

• edited March 2023
    Psycho-immunology (PI): ...The thinking here is that some pathogens may be maintaining the existence of a given trauma type, as well as driving the dysfunctional homeostasis problem ("we put trauma there on purpose, so leave them alone!")"  AND  "Peak states: We do know that healing masses of traumas at one time... causes the client to resist and feel badly as their homeostasis is disturbed." 
    Any clues as to the source of/ what causes the resistance and reactions?  (You hinted above that it might be a pathogen of some sort.)  I'm guessing that if that could be solved+easily healed, that would greatly help all three types of mass trauma healings. 
    -=
    "This kicks in at various amounts of removed trauma depending on the person, but I'm going to guess that at less than about 1/3 removal the client reacts badly."
    Just curious--is this resistance and feeling badly something that is overpowering, or really good at hiding things from the conscious mind, or a body feeling, or...?
    Still, wouldn't 1/3 removal of, say, 400 generational traumas in a quick go be wonderful?  

I was thinking a little while ago how nice it would be to get rid of the fungus that carries all the generational trauma instead of having to go through them one by one...