To get email notification of new content, change your preferences settings. Sign in first. Then click on the icon under your name called 'account options' and choose 'edit profile' in the dropdown menu. Now click on 'Notification preferences' in the new menu below your name. Under 'Category Notifications' click on the boxes under the Email heading as you desire.

List of all processes/peakstates?

Is there a list of all the processes one can get?
I know of Brainlight, Inner Peace, Silent Mind, ADD process, Asperger process, Columnprocess. Seeing your life path, am I missing more processes or is it about it?

Comments

• Peak States Processes to do with Certified Therapists:
    • Brain Light
    • Inner Peace
    • Silent Mind
    • Life Path Process
    Not processes but States-Related
    • Lost Peak State recovery
    • Peak State to Peak Experience
    Clinic Processes:
    • ADD/ADHD
    • Aspergers
    • Loss of Role 
    • DID/MPD
    Some of the processes that were available in clinics but I think due to ISPS work on Psychoimmunology are currently on hold are:
    • TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury)
    • Lyme
    • Covid - I'm not 100% sure about this one since it's still in research category on website, propably due to issues with hypoxia not being 100% fixed yet  
    • OCD
    Hope it helps :)

• edited February 2023
    What clients need is to be diagnosed correctly (so the right thing is fixed). Thinking that your pain will go away by choosing a process from a menu is the wrong approach.

Thus, we don't hand clients a menu of processes, as if ordering ala carte in a restaurant; instead, we have a menu of some client symptoms we can treat, as shown on our therapy and clinic websites. (For example, the Subcellular Psychobiology Diagnosis Handbook emphasizes diagnostic symptoms and differential diagnosis.) Experience with many clients over the years has shown that using client-chosen processes is a very very bad idea. Why? Because clients are usually dissatisfied with the results after choosing a process off a menu. They did this (and paid money) hoping their painful issue(s) would be gone after using whatever process they have chosen. And generally their pain is still there afterwards. The process did do what it was designed for - but that wasn't what they needed for their particular problem.

To see this problem by analogy, imagine you are listening to very loud music, with various instruments playing at different volumes. Some instruments are too loud, some are tolerable, and some are so quiet they are lost in all the noise. So you pay the conductor to get rid of one of the performers, say you pick the flutist, but the pounding of the drum is still there and you really can't tell much if any difference. Now you are pissed at the guy you hired to get rid of the flute noise!

Another analogy is from medicine: Say you have some severe pain, so you self-diagnose it from a menu of diseases from the internet. You say "aha!", and go off and pay the pharmacist for antibiotics - but your pain doesn't go away. Finally, you go to the doctor (who is trained to recognize various diseases), tell them your symptoms, and they immediately send you to the hospital for an appendix operation (which wasn't even on your menu of diseases!). 

There are also other reasons we don't work off an ala carte menu:
    1) ) Many of our processes were designed for our students to make them better healers. A regular client would have no use for such a process (even though it might sound cool!).
    2) Another reason involves therapist greed. In years past, some therapists started selling various processes to clients regardless of their actual symptoms. They made easy money, but the clients were very dissatisfied afterwards (for the reason I said above), and sometimes those clients had paid a lot of money. The agreed upon symptoms might have disappeared, but as far as the client was concerned, it really didn't improve their life. 

Interestingly, this same issue showed up when we used to have a menu of peak states (this was a lot of years ago). The clients were generally trying to fix a problem with a new peak state, but it almost never helped their painful issues, whatever they were. Now, we make sure the client isn't wanting a state to fix some life pain. Once their issue is gone, they generally don't care about getting a state anymore. For some, we found empirically that the client actually wanted a feeling that they'd momentarily experienced some time in the past. So now we only use the peak experience to peak state process with clients. This works a lot better!

OK, now having said all this, one of the exceptions to the ala carte problem would be the Beauty Way state. That fixes so much in a person, changes them fundamentally, and gives them such great feelings! Unfortunately, at this time we don't know how to do it, darn! The other exception might be the Silent Mind Technique. It really does not give a state of consciousness, rather it gets rid of an intracellular fungal parasite that causes a bunch of problems. However, for a lot of people, getting rid of it wouldn't make much difference, as they usually have other far more painful problems - unless they are specifically battling one of its symptoms. But for high functioning people, getting rid of that fungal infection really has a big impact, as that is generally causing them problems that they really notice.

Well, this is a lot longer reply than I was planning on. I hope it was helpful.  
  • Thanks a lot for the input both of you, I appreciate it
  • I just re-read it and I wonder if I make the wrong approach, usually I look at the description of what a peak state process can do, and I tell myself, I see myself having this problem, so I'd better contact a therapist, to get rid of this problem, right now I am really interested in the Brainlight one, because from the description, it deals with negativity and aggression, and I see myself having both, ( way better than it used to be though ) so from that, isn't it a good idea to the Brainlight process, since I have both of these things, it probably helps with a lot more I might not have heard of? @Grant McFetridge

• edited March 2023
    I have to smile, because you are describing exactly the ala carte problem I was mentioning we found when we first developed these tools. The negativity and aggression you mention should be dealt with  the standard trauma tools. Diagnosis usually flushes up stuff like a simple trauma, a copy, or what have you - and you check against your triggers for the problem to be sure it is handled adequately.

So what about brain light state? After all, that seems like a much better solution! Sadly, it is not. To understand, let me explain the history behind it. Around 2010 or so we were working on why people had negativity at all. We were attempted to find a global fix for this problem, since we'd seen that people in the Beauty Way state basically don't have any negative emotions. So perhaps, our thinking went, we could find a fix for negativity by itself, since we didn't have a way to give people the beauty way state. It was a long slog, and we went through many process iterations that failed miserably. Finally, we came up with something that appeared to work, as the person would try to feel negative but couldn't, as if they were trying to squeeze a rock to get water out of it. Quite an interesting sensation! Sadly, that approach worked only temporarily - soon, usually within hours to days, the negativity was back. 

We abandoned work on this state at this point, deciding we needed to understand the underlying biology better before we tried again. Our therapist classes still teach it, not because it is useful for clients, but because we observed that some students would get some limited personal benefit from it. But really, the process should be retired and another round of research done to see if we could do a better job on it now. Unfortunately, this is way way down on our priority list. The reason being that research of this type can be an endless time sink. Presently, all our time is spent on moving our psycho-immunology and serious illnesses work forward. (With some occasional time spent on looking at the beauty way state.) Sadly, our volunteers have just way too much to do.

All my best,
    Grant
  • edited March 2023
    So you are not recommending me to get this Process basically? Instead I should just get regular therapy sessions instead, but why keep it, if it has minimal effect? What I mean is, there are processes like, Brainlight, Inner Peace, and Silent Mind, and Column Process, you think it's better that I get regular therapy than doing all of these, or is it just specifically Brainlight which has not the most promising effect.
  • Hi,
    Let my try to nuance and complete Grant's explanation with my own point of view here.

When I started this work years ago, I was basically at square one. I had many traumas to heal, no peak state, and structural damages to my column of self and other issues.

Though I was generally quite functional, I could see that I could enhance my experience of life by bettering every aspects of myself that I could have an impact on !

Take the Inner Peace state for example. It does not "fix" anything, but it adds a nice layer of underlying peace to your experience of life, makes you calmer in general which leaves place for more positive emotions, and also fuse the mind brain and the heart brain (there is much less conflict between intellectual thinking and emotional thinking, actually they become integrated or harmonized sot to speak).
    So your experience of life is definitely better and enhanced ! But the issues you had before are still there.

Every process has its usefulness if your goal is to become a better person and have a better experience of life.

However, their impact on you might be more or less noticeable because sometimes those 'structural damages' are low, or have a low impact on your overall personnality. Therefore, are they worth the time, energy and money ? Sometimes it is hard to tell before doing it.

To conclude, if you have the budget, moderate expectations, and a non-specific desire to improve your life, these processes might be a very good choice.

Especially as there is not much alternative out there. I am not aware of any other approach that fixes column of self issues, or improves emotional connection at the core level for Asperger's for instance.

But you really have to assess with your therapist what a change it can bring you to do these, and really think about what is it you are trying to fix in your life ? 

To come back to the Brain Light state, I can personaly say that it definitely eliminated a layer of negativity that I had all my life before and that trauma healing could probably not get me rid of. So I feel much better inside! Even though I still have negativity, it is also hard to pull myself into it, as if I now have a resistance to violence that was not there before.

Of course from Grant's perspective, the current process is nowhere near as useful as he had hoped. From my perspective, it was worth it to spend the money to do it because I felt an improvement in my life that, though incomplete, brought me closer to my personal goals.

I hope that helps with your reflection.
  • Yeah thanks for your reply, that cleared up a lot for me, maybe my wording, or how I framed got misinterepted, like I am not saying that I look for a miracle cure from one peak state, but I like improving myself chunk by chunk with each process, that I feel like I become a smarter, more whole, more of an empath and many other things as well, I was not really expecting that a process got rid of all my negativity, that's what I think is putting the expectations too high, but if I can get 40 % more positive, and it stays that way, I think that's worth the money, and yes as you put it, I also do it for the curiosity and the interest in seeing what lays ahead in this world 
  • edited March 2023
    I have read through the lists many times!  :) 
    I feel that both are good.  Reading through the lists can help you understand/ pull out of you what you feel/ understand what is wrong with yourself/ with life, and what might be causing it.  That can help you prepare to talk to a therapist, who, especially if they have much more experience, can probably check on the probability.  Therapists can sometimes just look and see by the condition of your primary cell if you have the problem you think you have, or if it's coming from somewhere else (for at least a few cases).
    It doesn't help if one is insistent that they have a cause of a problem, rather than some problem. 
    The problem with many problems is there are multiple possible causes for each problem.  If you go to a self-diagnosing website, you'll find that a symptom (such as brain fog) might be indicated by numerous situations, and if you self-medicate, depending on your situation and the number of possible causes, you might end up spending a lot of time and money for no results, or possibly even more imbalance.  So, you ruled out 1 of the 30 possible causes--29 more to go. 
    And we humans are usually not so good at correctly guessing our own problems. 
    So, say you think you have ADD, as you might have 10 symptoms match.  Unfortunately, while that might be true (and you might have  ADD, definitely a possibility), each of those symptoms (or possibly a few of those symptoms) might each be caused by a different thing. You talk with a PS therapist, they check for ADD in your primary cell, but find out the pathogen is missing, so that wouldn't help you any--instead, they might find other problems, like shattered mind 'crystals', that might be part of your problem.  
    Sometimes, the descriptions aren't as detailed or rounded out when the book was written, as they are now. 
    The lists can also help you with understanding quality of life and possible improvements. 
    They can let you know what is available, especially for more apparent situations, like TBI, autism (often), etc. 
    The peak experience to state is probably the best way to do it, and if you do your best to remember, you'll probably find a few instances when you have felt some of the states. 
    Question:  if drugs (even just minor pain killers/ pharmaceuticals) were taken before a peak experience or might have had a hand in it, would that affect reaching the peak state that was experienced?