To get email notification of new content, change your preferences settings. Sign in first. Then click on the icon under your name called 'account options' and choose 'edit profile' in the dropdown menu. Now click on 'Notification preferences' in the new menu below your name. Under 'Category Notifications' click on the boxes under the Email heading as you desire.

Intuition without peak states

I am sure other people have had similar experiences. The point is that some unusual experiences are not peak experiences, but other kinds of deep intuition.

I once had an experience after waking up in the morning where I reflected on the apparent paradox that there must logically be a creator, given that everything is caused by something else, yet that creator is somehow invisible to our senses. In other words. while there must be a creator, somehow it was nothing. How can nothing be something? In a sense, it must be physical, and 'there,' but how?

I then got an internal image of a fountain bubbling up constantly, always creating something new, changing, and very profound at the same time. That's the best way I can describe it. It was profound way beyond human understanding. This was not a peak experience.

Another time I spent some time thinking about a similar matter, the origin of it all, what must be there before the start of creation, and my mind simply could not process it. At some point, logic and even language break down. The human mind cannot go there. Later that day I reflected on what it meant, and I just got this understanding of crushing ignorance. It was so crushing on the ego that it was emotionally painful. Essentially, no matter what you believe, there is no way it is entirely correct. It's that simple. I think I then understood why spiritual teachers talk a lot about humility before the divine.

Comments

• Hi !

I then got an internal image of a fountain bubbling up constantly, always creating something new, changing, and very profound at the same time. That's the best way I can describe it. It was profound way beyond human understanding. This was not a peak experience.
    Why not ? Sounds like it was.
    It is not about the content of the experience (visualisation, metaphor, rationalization, ...) but about the feeling of the experience.

So, what did you feel at that moment ?

If you can feel it again when you regress there, then it is a potential peak state to you :-)

Another time I spent some time thinking about a similar matter [...]
    Well, it sounds like you might have had a pretty similar experience here as the previous one. Which would indicate this state is important to you personnaly, and that is it possible to do X2S.
  • On the rational side of things, we can speculate over the nature of the universe !

For example, many "spiritual" experience reflecting on the cosmos interacts with primary cell gateways to spiritual realms. The Creator is a good example. It seems like an infinite plane of white light, that understand everything. It is find "outside" of the universe with expansion of one's consciousness. So, to people who experience it, they think they have gone through the veil of truth and know the reality of God. That is, indeed, a peak experience.

Another example are people who take hallucinogenic drugs like LSD and suddenly have a direct spiritual experience. Then they come back to 'normal reality' and find a way to interpret their experience based on their beliefs or what they read or hear about it.

We know that Gaïa directly leads the development of billions and billions of beings in real time over the whole planet earth ! And it seems it is not limited by time-space. Clearly, that's a door to meta-physical theories...
  • When I read your post, I thought the same as Gaeatan.

And intuition is said to be a Gaïa characteristic.

And also your own core beliefs can prevent you from seeing/sensing the world fully (like for example : "How can nothing be something? In a sense, it must be physical, and 'there,' but how?")

But yes, it's a fascinating subject ! :)

• Thanks for the replies.

It was a peak experience.

But I still think that doesn't explain all of it. It was VERY dramatic, lucid and informative. I have had other peak experiences that seem to have some kind of added component. There is room for a bit of both, I think. In other words, a peak experience and a kind of "deep intuition." The "deep intuition" is about the truth.

In this case, it seems to have derived from an understanding of "the void" as a realm, and some very intellectually rigorous discussion on the nature of metaphysics. The book in question was "Transcendence and History: the search for Ultimacy from Ancient Societies to Postmodernity." The central point that is relevant to this discussion is that when contemplating "that which was there before anything came into being," logic breaks down. It is not possible for the human mind to grasp. It seems to have something to do with the breakdown of dualistic, "subject" and "object"" thinking. Try contemplating it. It is impossible.

What is impressive about this book is that it is totally realistic. It is also culturally relevant to modern societies because it demolishes postmodernism without admitting to any solution, which is simply the real world. The deeper point is truth and cultural biases- to get "deep intuition" working, you have to look at your assumptions about reality, including those that derive from your cultural background. There might also be an element of letting go of your ego, though I wonder whether that happens after the experience, not before.

Additionally, the world-view in question is what is known as "Hermetic." This is the world-view that came out of ancient Egypt and was became popular in the Renaissance.

• Another point. You can have a spiritual experience of some kind with out- of- body travel. For instance, you can travel to the Creator level and communicate with the Creator that way. In other words, you are really going "out there." It feels like you are going ""up." I travel out- of- body into the world, then "up" to the Creator. Not sure what biological correlate there is for this. You are certainly connected to your body. Not sure what relation to the Creator communication state this has.

I have traveled out of body with other people. It seems that because I am the one taking them out of body, they are able to have particularly "pure" spiritual experiences. It is possible to take other people with you out- of- body. I wonder if they are even subject to the usual assumptions and biases that accompany intuitive abilities. I would be willing to take someone from ISPS out- of- body if requested, maybe for research.

I have a theory that hermetic ism is an ancient word for faith. It means that the intellectual processes that lead to a conclusion of a Creator pre- suppose the existence of the human mind. In other words, the mind of a human is theorizing on the mind of a Creator. This leads to a kind of "you would say that." Faith is not so much "yes but I cannot do anything else" but "yes and that is enough." It is faith in mind.