To get email notification of new content, change your preferences settings. Sign in first. Then click on the icon under your name called 'account options' and choose 'edit profile' in the dropdown menu. Now click on 'Notification preferences' in the new menu below your name. Under 'Category Notifications' click on the boxes under the Email heading as you desire.

TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) Treatment

Does this work for “brain dead” people?

Can this be done while the person is “in trauma” or does the brain first need to reach a point of stabilization?

Comments

• Hello David,

What do you mean by "brain dead" exactly ?

The clinic's TBI process can repair bran damage when tissues are not functionning but are still there. If tissues are dead, they will not be resuscitated. So someone who is cerebrally dead won't come back.

Some people are in coma or vegetative state because of brain damage, and their brain can also be repaired to some extent but would that get them out of coma ? Not sure.

As for the delay, the process can be done at anytime, I would say the sooner the better. However people need to keep being monitored because the effects of concussions can be delayed. For example, someone might knock there head violently and recover during the day, be fine for a couple of days, and suddenly crash and develop TBI symptoms during the following week. So even if the process is done, stabilization and monitoring is required.

• Thank you, Gaetan. 

By brain dead, I mean people who have traumatically injured their brain and are on life support--everything else is recoverable and doing fine on life support--heart, breathing, etc.--but the brain shows little to no activity. 
    It sounds like it's the same or similar to coma/vegetative state. 

By tissues dying, is that why lack of oxygen can't be healed? 

Does it work for brains with viral/bacterial/fungal/etc. infections? 

Does it work for Alzheimer's? 
  • David,

The TBI process doesn't work on Alzheimer because this one is a consequence of another kind of damage in the primary cell. We are working on a process for Alzheimer. But it is a side project.

The TBI process doesn't work on damage due to infections as far as we know.

About lack of oxygen, I don't know. So far we did not test our process on hypoxia so we have no idea. We have only done it on TBI and might start looking at strokes.

And as for brain dead people, if the brain is dead, unfortunately there is not much we can do.

These are good questions by the way.

It might seem strange at first, that the TBI process doesn't fix ALL brain issues. The current process is a fundamental change to the mind brain pre-organelle which contains the genetic template for the actual brain later on. So why fixing it doesn't fix other brain issues ?

Well that's because health issues can intervene either at the global organs and body level, or at the primary cell level. And problems in the primary cell might be very indirect, so a problem on the body pre-organelle, for example, might trigger gut diseases as well as brain diseases.

Actually, I would say that the brain organ is built upon biological templates from all 7 pre-organelles. That's such a complex machine ! Fascinating too...
  • So it's possible the future might hold even greater possibilities...  Great!

So this would be good for professional football players suffering from too many hits to the head.

What about people who have had brain operations?  I'm guessing if it was cut out, that wouldn't grow back; but what's left might be optimized? 
  • Yes, it's an important process for any sport where there is physical interactions and often injuries.

Yes this process will "optimize" the brain even if you didn't have any injury.
    You will have a full resilient brain, and it will also prevent you to have concussion in the future.