Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To get email notification of new content, change your preferences settings. Sign in first. Then click on the icon under your name called 'account options' and choose 'edit profile' in the dropdown menu. Now click on 'Notification preferences' in the new menu below your name. Under 'Category Notifications' click on the boxes under the Email heading as you desire.

Trauma free life? How much we are responsible to our life?

I know there is a saying, We will repeated the trauma pattern we experienced at early developmental states or p-organelle state. 

I just wonder, is that possible that a person be totally trauma free? 
And what a trauma free life is like? Any idea?

Comments

• Hello,
    I will comment it from my own perspective from what I know.

The answer to your question is different if you mean 'trauma free' for all post-natal traumas, or if you includes pre-birth trauma.

If it is pre-birth trauma, then being totally free must be wonderful, as it means having all peak states and structural health and capacities ! :)

But even when you start at birth, healing all the traumas would certainly be a great life ! You would still be without peak states, but virtually very close to Inner peace and Underlying Happiness I guess.

But I think these are different kinds of trauma : pre-birth trauma means a physical injury (so you react with a "NO" to anything that recalls you this trauma), while post-birth trauma could be only emotionnal, thus are acting as distortion of you view of reality.

For instance, it creates limiting beliefs, distortion in behaviour, and influence your construction of your identity.

Working with post-birth trauma (EFT & EFT-like techniques mainly), I often find that healing the trauma is not sufficient to a complete change : you have to reframe it verbally to induce a cognitive change.
    The usual reframe in EFT is using Love and Acceptation, which are great ressources. But I usually use reframes like :
    "Even though I have been abused by men when I was a child, I deeply love and accept myself, and it is/was normal I have this problem of anger and fear because I needed to protect myself, but from another perspective, here and now, I am completely safe, and I have other ressources to protect myself because I am not a child anymore, so I open myself to the possibility of letting go."

This is a general idea. But I feel like setting all emotions at 0 is not enough, and you have to help the person to "reset" his thinking and behavioural patterns.

So it not only "healing". It also is "(re)construction". Do you see what I mean ?

Obviously, peak state workers here would say that all trauma is pre-birth so there is no need to do all this ;)

But I guess being totally trauma free is still in research at the institute !
  • HI, Yes it is still on the research agenda and I certainly believe it to be possible. there are 2 levels of this, one to have a peakstates like Beautyway state, where all traumas have become inactive and a person experiences life through the positive. And there is the experience of completely healing everything..which is still a way away..