Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To get email notification of new content, change your preferences settings. Sign in first. Then click on the icon under your name called 'account options' and choose 'edit profile' in the dropdown menu. Now click on 'Notification preferences' in the new menu below your name. Under 'Category Notifications' click on the boxes under the Email heading as you desire.

Core Transformation

Hi, I am reading currently vol. 1 of "Peak States of Consciousness", and having some background in NLP and hypnosis was wondering whether anyone from the staff encountered NLP proces called "Core Transformation" as developed by Connirae Andreas. It is interesting because it's a trauma removal technique, but with a 'spiritual' background. I am wondering what would the opinion of the staff would be of this process.

Comments

• Hello Blazej,
    Yes, I know the process, having an hypnosis/NLP background.

And yes, it can induce peak experiences ! It is a very powerful process.

Unfortunately, the states are temporary and fade quicly over time. However, I wonder if one who had that experience could recreate it with some training.

I'm surprised you say it is a trauma removal technique. Is is not how Andreas frame it. It belongs more to the "parts therapy" field. Connirae developped it from Dilts parts negociation protocol and from an experience she had with Erickson who induced such a change in herself.
  • OK, you're right. It surely is a parts therapy technique. It is interesting that it is not specifically about touching the trauma itself, but rather changing the part which is responsible for some actions, feelings, etc, which are a product of trauma. What wonders me is could this protocol be modified to negotiate with parts which are holding prenatal trauma?
  • edited August 2014
    Yes, absolutely.
    In fact I now think most of parts therapy is accessing the triune brain system (thought not all the time).
    In WHH, we learn to access those triune brains and "talk" with them in order to help trauma surface. It is particularly useful for pre-natal biographical trauma, especially what we call projection.
    Projections are a resistance that a brain can have to merge with another brain. Thus, that create that feeling of two separate pieces of ourselves that can be observed in parts therapy. By asking them what they think of the other, one can access trauma.

With training, this can be achieved in normal consciousness state, I mean without hypnosis. You will learn a lot about triune brains with the books. Then you can learn to sense them in your body.

I did not investigate what kind of peak states can be reached with core transformation. From a theoretical point of view, brain fusion states are the most probable ones.

• About that, I had a client this morning with whom I used that technique.
    The presenting issue was compulsive eating. Presenting symtom was a feeling in the gut + tast in mouth and a thought that were driving the craving. At the end, the person was very light, felt relieved, and had a very intense experience which she described as a ball of happiness in the belly.
    I have no idea if is is a peak state or a "sub-peak state". The Underlying Happiness state seems a good candidate, but I have no way of verifying.

Blazej, do you use Core Transformation on yourself or clients ?