To get email notification of new content, change your preferences settings. Sign in first. Then click on the icon under your name called 'account options' and choose 'edit profile' in the dropdown menu. Now click on 'Notification preferences' in the new menu below your name. Under 'Category Notifications' click on the boxes under the Email heading as you desire.

Laks Technique question

"Occasionally, a clients come to get a peak experience turned into a state for the wrong reason. They are suffering in some way, and they believe that the peak state will stop their pain. From experience, we know that this does not work, and that the client will be dissatisfied after gaining the state. Your therapist will work with you to be sure that this isn't why you are asking for a peak state."

But, what if in that peak experience, I WAS pain-free, along with many other good things?  

Comments

• Hi,
    Good question.
    I would first ask : how long did the peak experience last and what was the experience itself ? Different states have different feelings and ways of impacting us.
    For example, the Beauty Way shuts off a lot of pains at once !

And peak experiences generally happen when something triggers a temporary release of traumas, as if these traumas are shut off. So this could shut off the traumas related to the peak states but also other traumas that are not related. 

So when someone has a peak experience, it might or might not be a 'pure' peak state as in the categorization we use, but it can be a unique combination of different things. For example, I had someone had an experience of a complete release of body tension, with bright light and a feeling of love. Turns out it was a combination of different states, and we were able to get the love feeling to increase above the level of the experience, but not the light.

So, to come back to your question, the answer is : it depends. It might be possible to eliminate the pain without working on the state, or it might be possible to get the state back but the pain will still be there. And it might be possible to get both effects.
  • I experienced all of the following; all of which are opposite "my reality":

I was 100% "in my body". 
    I felt absolutely solid, but not overbearing.  
    I had no pain, soreness, or tiredness at all.  
    I felt totally calm, even silent, in my mind.  
    I felt totally ok with myself especially and others;
    I felt totally secure in my body, in life; no fear, no worry.  
    I felt no resistance/ hesitation to doing something, I'd just do it.  
    I felt powerful, in the flow—not forced. 
    I felt no negative emotions.  
    I felt completely sure of myself—not worried about failing/ no concern about failing; failing isn’t failing.
    It was easy to make decisions.  
    I wasn't being driven or compelled.  
    I had a very calm energy.  

Gaetan, what are you able to do?  (Many Peak States techniques list the same three or four people every time--one of which is not taking clients, one of which doesn't have much room at all for new clients, one that doesn't respond...)
  • Sounds like a very nice experience David !

I understand why you say this was pain free.

All certified therapists can do the experience-to-state work. I can certainly do it. A good test for it, I found, is : can you go back to the memory of having this experience, and feel this experience in your body ? If yes (even if not 100%), then there is a very good chance you can get the experience back and stabilize it.

• Just re-reading your reply to this old thread gaetan.

When you say can you feel the old experience in your body, is this a requirement? How much of the old memory does one have to experience ?

What are the mechanisms for one not to feel the experience?
  • Hello Apranihita,
    Yes, being able to feel the state at least partially is a requisite, but there are some nuances.

I've seen it with a number of people that when they go back to the moment when they felt the state, the intensity decreases each time. That is likely because they trigger the resistance to the state more and more. So they end up not feeling much of it. That's until, of course, the resistances are healed and the state comes back.

So, if you can remember how the state felt, that's enough. Even if that is only 10% or even 5% of what the state was.

Secondly, some people have no conscious recollection of a state because they forgot. Some people even had states when they were babies. So they don't recognize that they had a peak state in their life :smile:
    But when properly guided through regression, they can feel it.

So  the mechanisms for one not to feel the experience are : 
     - they trigger the traumas of the resistance
     - they don't remember how the state felt
     - they have a negative body association with the state
     - they have tribal block on the state
     - the state is "veiled" by a peak state bug attack
     - their is an indirect mechanism that block the state (in that case, it can be really hard to regain a stable & full state)

All these make many people unaware that peak states exist, because they unconsciously resist them. And some people consciously resist them by finding reasons why they couldn't be in a state or didn't have the state (one man I met had a great peak experience for a whole week, but then decided it was an illusion and refused to work on getting the state back - too bad!).
    However, these states are our natural birthright. People have so much resistance to being in peak states, this work can be frustrating 😅
  • Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Some food for thought there.

Whats the difference between increasing resistance to the state and perhaps the flattened emotions problem.

Could repeatedly trying to access the moment cause the flattened emotions problem?

Secondly ( and im going to open a different thread on this) in one of the recent conference videos where the neediness symdrone  was discussed , the speaker talked of s- holes and the common feeling amongst sufferers was 'nothing seems to work" - how do s-holes prevent healing?

Rob

• "Could repeatedly trying to access the moment cause the flattened emotions problem?"

Hi, yes. That's why you want to have a bit of time between each one of your travel back and forth.
    So for example you go back in a past moment, come back to the present and wait a few minutes and then you can redo-it, etc.
  • "Whats the difference between increasing resistance to the state and perhaps the flattened emotions problem."

Totally different, since the resistance to a state only is related to that state. You can have an amazing peak state of joy and a strong resistance to a completely different state, or vice-versa.
    The flattened emotion problem is global, it relates to all emotions.

"how do s-holes prevent healing?"

They don't. People with this problem often heal hips of stuff, but never feel satisfied. Because of the underlying issue, they always feel something is wrong. Hence why "nothing seems to work".
  • Feel free to correct me if I've gotten anything wrong here...

Gaetan, you wrote:  "A good test for it, I found, is : can you go back to the memory of having this experience, and feel this experience in your body ? If yes (even if not 100%), then there is a very good chance you can get the experience back and stabilize it."
    "So, if you can remember how the state felt, that's enough. Even if that is only 10% or even 5% of what the state was."

I can *remember how the state felt*, but I can't *feel* much of it right now, as it's cut off/ out of reach, so to say.  Is that good enough?  (I was a little confused about "feeling the state" vs. "remembering how the state felt.")  

Also, rereading this and especially the experience->state page on the ISPS therapy website, I realized that (if successful) this would be much, much better than trying to get every peak state piece by piece.  (My one experience seems to have been multiple peak states all at once, for example, and I don't know if I could figure out which ones from the few descriptions the ISPS has for them.) 

This has got to be one of the most undervalued offerings of the ISPS. 
    Do you remember how you felt when: 
    you played your best game?
    you did your best business deal?
    you scored your best test? 
    you had the best time with your friends?
    you were outgoing/ fun/ right on (instead of your typical shy/ insecure/ anxious?  etc.  

But what about the last example, for instance.  If you do the experience->state therapy, does that "override"/ replace healing shyness/ insecurity/ anxiety?  

I have also realized I have experienced many, many "better" (if not "peak) states over my lifetime... how does one connect all the peak states?  Do they rotate, converge and merge, or how?  (That is, if anyone has experience doing many of these experience->state healings.) 

Also, do these states allow for "improvements"/ "advancements"/ adaptability, or is that best to be part of the state when it's put in?  
  • Hi David,
    I love these conversations !
    I can *remember how the state felt*, but I can't *feel* much of it right now, as it's cut off/ out of reach, so to say.  Is that good enough?  (I was a little confused about "feeling the state" vs. "remembering how the state felt.")  
    Yeah, this is the part where people kind of lose the feeling of the state if they try to feel / remember it. That is normal, that is due to the blocking traumas. People generally can't feel the state, even in the past, after a few attempts, because these traumas are triggered. This is part of the process.

It is useful though, as much as possible, to note down the characteristics of the states, so one can assess if they got it back fully or not.
    Though in my experience, listing the characteristics hasn't been so challenging. It is just a matter of guiding people through the vocabulary, things to look for, etc... that useful that I have experience with peak states myself!

The challenging part can be about the intensity of the state. Because peak experiences can be intense, but when people lose them, they assume that it is impossible to get it back to full intensity (that's part of the experience of losing the state and not being able to stop that, as if it was sand slipping through your fingers).

For instance, we use a 0 to 100% notation to evaluate (0 being where they are now, 100% being the full experience that they had). It happened a few times that I got a client to 100%, only to hear them say : "but that's not how intense I really felt it, to be honest !"...
    So we work more until they achieve 200%, or 1000%  :p

Also, rereading this and especially the experience->state page on the ISPS therapy website, I realized that (if successful) this would be much, much better than trying to get every peak state piece by piece.  (My one experience seems to have been multiple peak states all at once, for example, and I don't know if I could figure out which ones from the few descriptions the ISPS has for them.) 

Yeah, that is MUCH better ! You are right, that's actually the most interesting, valuable, and appreciated process we have. And it is undervalued and underestimated. Too bad! We need to make a better work of showing the value here :)

Of course, people's traumas get in the way and make people believe it is unaccessible, so they also feel a resistance to be seeking the state. They just don't do it, most of the time. I suppose only a small part of people who read about this actually reach out to one of our therapist, which is too bad! Since we have a high success rate and a guarantee...

Also, Grant talked again and again about the fact that getting a peak state from a list generally doesn't satisfy people, because either they believe it will compensate for a problem they have (hint : it does NOT, even if that is counter-intuitive) OR they don't really realize that they are looking to recover a peak experience that they forgot about.

People don't know what peak states feel like. Unless they experienced it in their life, which they tend to forget about for cultural reasons, or because of trauma.

Plus, a peak experience is very personal. I can be a mix of several states from our classification, but to the person, it doesn't matter. It is just one state.
    So like you said, trying to figure which state to work on from the list we have is really not optimal. Much better to realize that you had a peak experience, and do the process we have to regain it (by the way, the work is often quite short).

This has got to be one of the most undervalued offerings of the ISPS. 

YES!

you were outgoing/ fun/ right on (instead of your typical shy/ insecure/ anxious?  etc.  

But what about the last example, for instance.  If you do the experience->state therapy, does that "override"/ replace healing shyness/ insecurity/ anxiety?  

It would have to be evaluated case by case in general, but in your specific description here, I would say yes absolutely. Actually the shy / insecure / anxious would probably be the traumas blocking the state, since they are in direct opposition to the state (and happen in the same situation).

I have also realized I have experienced many, many "better" (if not "peak) states over my lifetime... how does one connect all the peak states?  Do they rotate, converge and merge, or how?  (That is, if anyone has experience doing many of these experience->state healings.) 

Peak states can be merged / stacked / combined, yes of course. It is possible to have all peak states at once, you don't have to chose between them. 

I think I've done the experience-to-state process on 4 or 5 experiences myself, and other colleagues might have done more than that.

Does that answer all your questions ?

Also, do these states allow for "improvements"/ "advancements"/ adaptability, or is that best to be part of the state when it's put in?  
    I don't really understand your question, can you elaborate please ?
    States sometimes come with abilities, but these abilities have to be developed over time with work and repetition, like any ability (playing the piano is a good example).

Best!