To get email notification of new content, change your preferences settings. Sign in first. Then click on the icon under your name called 'account options' and choose 'edit profile' in the dropdown menu. Now click on 'Notification preferences' in the new menu below your name. Under 'Category Notifications' click on the boxes under the Email heading as you desire.

Tapping Technique/Generationals

I have a few questions regarding the 9 gamut point;

a) Whilst whh is an effective healing tool, im not great at it. I rarely get any good visuals. My understanding of the tapping is that it is healing a trauma string on the actual gene string. My question is this, do you actually have to be in the correct moment to effectively heal? Will focusing on the current problem and tapping heal the whole thing?

b) in a similar vein; i suck at actually feeling where an issue is, or going back and feeling which particular  generation it is. Can feeling on which side/direction/ grandparent it is, focusing on the issue and tapping, heal all the generations?

c) what effect if any would simply tapping on the feelings in the body have? I mean if we don't focus on whether it is generational or biographical ?

d) what percentage of traumas are generational? it seems if we cant locate the biographical trauma , going for the generationals might work.

thanks in advance

Rob

Comments

• Very very interesting especially the first three questions! Following and adding to the third question: would tapping on the gamut while being in the body in the past in a biographical trauma speed the healing? Thank you
  • edited January 2021
    Hello,

a) tapping on the 9 gamut point is indeed healing a trauma string, so you don't need to regress.
    That's one of the main reason we use it so much with clients, it's quick, easy and works on 70% of issues people have. But you need to focus on an emotion to then be able tap it away.
    The best is to quote Grant's answer from a past forum topic:

"when  we use the 9 gamut tapping, we generally use it in conjunction with an additional focus to heal a specific type of trauma, i.e., feeling one's ancestors for generationals; using the hand/ribosome for associations; and just a focus on an emotional tone for biographical trauma."
    To read more from Grant on this: https://www.peakstates.com/forum/discussion/888/the-inner-peace-process-and-the-gamut-point

b) c) focus on an emotion you feel and just tap it away. In most cases you don't need to know if the trauma triggered (the emotion you feel) is a biographical or generational one. Tapping works on an emotion. If you don't feel in your body an emotion but only a sensation then WHH will probably be needed to heal the sensation (trauma).

d) I sincerely don't know myself, but generationals one are the most impactful and I would think the ones we have much more than biographical. But that's just my takes on the subject.

I hope this help to clarify your questions :)
  • Hi Julien,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Yes that does clarify things, and its reassuring to hear. As i say, i'm not great at the visuals so i never really got anywhere with the whh method, and i was never sure if i got to the original trauma. Likewise with the generational, i as taught to fall back into the generation and find the last one. In a similar way i never trusted my inner experience so didn't know if it was just "wishful thinking" or my imagination getting the better of me.

Just for clarity, can you define the difference between a sensation and an emotion?

Many thanks

Rob
  • I don't really know how to explain it so I quote you this:

"The difference between sensation and emotion:
    is that sensation is a physical feeling or perception from something that comes into contact with the body; something sensed while emotion is a person's internal state of being and involuntary physiological response to an object or a situation, based on or tied to physical state and sensory data."

Examples of feelings are pain, fear, anxiety, the urge to retreat, panic, etc...
    Examples of sensations are heat, tingling, pulsing, pressure, spiky, etc...

I hope it helps :)
  • Thankyou, that makes sense.