Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To get email notification of new content, change your preferences settings. Sign in first. Then click on the icon under your name called 'account options' and choose 'edit profile' in the dropdown menu. Now click on 'Notification preferences' in the new menu below your name. Under 'Category Notifications' click on the boxes under the Email heading as you desire.

OCD project and Social phobia

Hello,
I was delighted to read about the progress being made for this and related diseases, 
specifically to Social Phobia.
It was explained there are two fungal pathogens involved, the 'fear'  and 'contamination' components.

Now for something like Social phobia, the fear fungus seems obviously at play, but I'm curious if that component alone, or another aswell is involved. Could the 'contamination' bug be perceived in a different way, perhaps? Instead of germs, etc, it has a damaged social identity context.. Ex. "I'm defective as a individual somehow. I can't let anyone close or they'll  find out". The preoccupation  in SP is one's perceived  inferiority and faults always at risk of being exposed, along with extreme self consciousness , shame, and humilation. A negative spotlight.
So, I'm wondering if there has been research into this. 

Thank you much!
Ben

Comments

• I can't say if your 'social phobia' is a disease process or not, but what you describe is often how generational traumas are experienced by people. That there is something intrinsically wrong with them, and these issues feel very 'personal'. I would suggest seeing if healing them fixes your problem first, as the technique is very simple to use. I'd start with EFT on your own and if that did not work, see a certified therapist. 
  • Yes, I look forward to working with a Institute therapist. 

I should clarify my query:
    Is there implication of this cytoplasm fear fungus perhaps playing a role in the etiology of a 
    GAD
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalized_anxiety_disorder

and SAD
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety_disorder

disease process?

Thanks,